Leaving the Nest
There's a lot to consider when leaving home, so arm yourself with the right resources. When you're hunting for a place to live, use the Rental Inspection Checklist (PDF, 68 KB) and take a look at What to Know Before You Sign a Lease. Then check out these helpful tools and articles.
Tools & Resources
- Audio: Teach Young Adults to be Financially Independent
- Blog: DIY Deep Clean for Cheap NEW
- Blog: How to Pick an Apartment, Sight Unseen
- Blog: The Pains of Moving
- Podcast: Is This Milk Still Good? NEW
- Podcast: Money Management
- Podcast: The Secrets of Renting Your First Pad
- Video: When Your Tech Goes Stale
- A Retirement Savings Primer
- Cap and Benjamins: Using Graduation Gift Money
- For Sale or Rent... How do you Choose?
- Get New Grads Off to a Smart Financial Start
- I Know How to Make a Decision! Or Do I? NEW
- Is This Still Good? What Those Dates on Food Really Mean
- Looking for Extra Money?
- Manage Your Time--and Your Sanity
- Need a Roommate?
- Online Banking: A Procrastinator's Point of View
- Young Adults: Earn and Keep Your Best Credit 'Grade'