Update: Check the status of your payment with the irs.gov Get My Payment tool. You can also verify your payment type, and add account information for direct deposit. (If you need it, CEFCU's routing number is 271183701, and you can find your 10-digit account number on CEFCU On-Line or at cefcu.com/number.)
You might have heard about direct payments to individuals — an element included in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. The U.S. Treasury announced the first batch of payments is expected to be available on April 15, 2020. Payments will continue in batches until completed.
Here’s what you need to know:
- One-time payments, starting at $1,200 for individuals and $2,400 for married couples, plus an additional $500 per child, will be based on your, or you and your spouse’s, adjusted gross income.
- For single tax filers — this payment begins to reduce for incomes exceeding $75,000; and incomes exceeding $99,000 will be excluded.
- For joint tax filers — payments begin to reduce for incomes exceeding $150,000, up to $198,000, where joint tax filers would then be excluded.
- Payments will be sent automatically, via direct deposit or a check by mail, depending on your previous tax return information.
- If you filed your 2019 tax return, and had your return direct deposited — you’re all set! The IRS will use that return to calculate your payment and then deposit the payment into the same account you used for your return.
- If you haven’t filed your 2019 tax return, but filed and used direct deposit for 2018 — you’re also, all set! Your payment will be calculated and deposited using the information from your 2018 return.
- If you filed either your 2019, or your 2018 tax return, but didn’t use direct deposit, you can use the irs.gov Get My Payment tool to provide your account information.
- If your tax filing status falls under special circumstances, the IRS has outlined a number of other scenarios. View other scenarios on the IRS’s Economic Impact Payments page.
- Non-filers, individuals who do not file taxes, can use an application available on the IRS website. View additional information regarding non-filers and the available application.
You can find this information and more regarding the economic impact payments, on IRS.gov: Economic Impact Payments: What You Need to Know.
Planning to use direct deposit? You can check your payment status and account information on the irs.gov Get My Payment tool. To set up direct deposit, just be sure to have your routing number — 271183701 — and 10-digit account number.
What’s my 10-digit account number? You can find your 10-digit account number on CEFCU On-Line® or Mobile Banking, on your statements/eStatements, or at the bottom of your checks. Learn more about how to find your 10-digit account number at cefcu.com/number.
Expecting a check? Use Mobile Check Deposit on the CEFCU Mobile Banking App. Find it under the Transactions menu.