If you are using a screen reader or other auxiliary aid and are having problems using this website, please contact us at 1.800.633.7077.
Mastercard® Rewards Program
- How does the Program work?
You’ll earn Rewards Points for every qualifying purchase made with your CEFCU Mastercard Rewards or World Credit Card. Then, redeem your points for Gift Cards, travel, and merchandise.
- What is a "qualifying purchase?"
A "qualifying purchase" includes dollars spent on net sales transactions, less any return balances. Balance transfers, cash advances and other select transactions do not earn Rewards Points.
- How do I redeem my Rewards Points?
- Do CEFCU Debit Card purchases earn Rewards Points?
- How many Rewards Points can I earn?
There’s no limit to how many Rewards Points you can earn.
- Can I combine points from different Credit Card accounts?
Unfortunately, no. However, you may choose to use a single credit card account with more than one authorized cardholder.
- Where can I find out my point balance?
Your point balance is reflected on your monthly statement. It is also available by logging on to your CEFCU online account or by contacting CEFCU.
- Will my Rewards Points expire?
Points remain on your account for up to five calendar years before they expire. When you redeem Rewards Points, CEFCU automatically deducts your “oldest” points first.
- What’s the minimum number of points I can redeem?
Merchandise Rewards start at just 2,500 points.
- Will I pay fees?
Travel fares and fees vary, and taxes or additional fees may apply under certain circumstances, such as if you request a paper ticket for airline travel. If this happens, a Rewards Travel Specialist will let you know at the time of redemption.
- May I use my points to reserve travel for someone else?
Yes. As cardholder, you may purchase tickets in someone else’s name, if you choose.
- Can I book directly with an airline or a travel agent to redeem my points?
No. To redeem your Rewards Points for travel, please call a Rewards Travel Specialist at 1.800.900.6160 or visit the CURewards Mall.
- Can I earn additional Rewards Points on travel?
Yes! To do this:
- Call our travel partner at 1.800.270.7161 (this number can’t be used to redeem Rewards Points on travel).
- Reserve your travel and pay using your CEFCU Rewards Credit Mastercard, and
- Mention promo 93-30652078.
- Can I apply points retroactively to a previous purchase?
No. Points may only be redeemed at the time of purchase.
- If I don't have enough points, can I make a partial redemption and pay the difference?
Maybe. Talk to a Rewards Travel Specialist at 1.800.900.6160.
- I don't have enough points for all the tickets I need. Can I buy additional tickets?
Yes. Our Rewards Travel partner can help you book additional, paid tickets, but fees may apply.
- What airlines participate in CEFCU's Mastercard Rewards Program?
All U.S. airlines and many international carriers are available. Talk to a Rewards Travel Specialist for details at 1.800.900.6160.
- Can I redeem my points for an airline travel voucher?
No. Points cannot be redeemed for a voucher toward future airline travel.
- Are tickets always available if they appear on the airline's website?
No. Each airline or flight may have different limits. Rewards Travel Specialists will do their best to find a rewards ticket for you; however, we cannot guarantee availability in every case, even if seats appear on another website. Contact a Rewards Travel Specialist at 1.800.900.6160 or visit the CURewards Mall.
- What hotels participate in the Mastercard Rewards Program?
Marriott, Hyatt, and Ritz Carlton.
- What car rental companies participate in the Mastercard Rewards Program?
Alamo, Hertz, and National.
- What rental costs are covered?
Car rentals paid for with Rewards do not include taxes, surcharges, or optional items.
- How do I redeem Rewards Points for a car rental?
Points are redeemed for a car rental certificate you can use at the time of rental. Please allow ten business days for processing and delivery of your car rental certificate(s). Talk to a Travel Rewards specialist for details at 1.800.900.6160.
- If I have to cancel my car rental, can my points be reinstated or refunded?
No. Once redeemed, Rewards Points cannot be reinstated to your account. You may be able to use a car rental certificate at a later date, subject to the date it expires.
- How long will it take for my merchandise redemption to arrive?
Rewards merchandise generally arrives within four to six weeks after you place your order. Larger items may take a few weeks longer.
- How long does it take to receive a Rewards Gift Card?
Gift Cards are normally delivered in two to four weeks. They cannot be sent to a Post Office box.
- Do Rewards Gift Cards have any fees?
There’s just a $5 inactivity fee beginning the 13th month after 12 consecutive months of inactivity.
- If I lose my Rewards Gift Card can it be replaced?
Be sure you register your CEFCU Mastercard Gift Card when you receive it.
If your registered Gift Card is lost or stolen or has been used for unauthorized transactions, immediately call 1.866.902.6082.
- If I make a late payment, can I still redeem my Rewards Points?
Your credit card account must be current and in good standing at the time you redeem your Rewards Points. Once you bring your account back up to date, you’ll be able to redeem your Points.
- I have a joint cardholder — can s/he redeem our Rewards Points?
Rewards are linked to the primary card, so you would use that number to redeem your Rewards Points.
- Bill Pay
- Business Remote Deposit
- Buying Your First Home
- CEFCU Money Center 24 ATM Enhancements
- College Savings
- Consolidation Student Loans
- Construction Loans FAQs
- CURewards® Mall FAQs
- Finalizing and Closing the Mortgage
- Health Savings Account
- Mastercard® Rewards Program
- Mechanical Repair Coverage
- Mobile Banking App
- Online Banking
- Online Security
- Private Student Loans
- Refer a Friend