Internet security requires more than technology. Viruses, spyware, and hackers are a constant challenge to businesses and individuals alike.
How We Work to Protect You
CEFCU uses 256-bit secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption, monitors and constantly updates systems, and uses multiple security layers and strong business practices.
- Log off Online Banking when you complete your transactions.
- Clear your cache/personal information after using online services.
- Make sure your browser is up-to-date.
- Choose a secure password and change it periodically.
- Develop the longest password the system allows.
- Use alphanumeric characters and special characters if the system allows.
- Choose something easy to remember, but difficult for someone else to guess.
- Do not write down your password.
- Do not share your password with others.
Never reply to emails requesting personal information. Be suspicious of any email requesting things such as passwords, Personal Identification Number (PIN), tax ID, or credit or debit card numbers.
For more information and tips, visit OnGuard Online or the SCORE Association website.