Skip to main content.
Link to CEFCU Home Page

If you are using a screen reader or other auxiliary aid and are having problems using this website, please contact us at 1.800.633.7077.

Visit our accessibility help page.

Student Loans

Focus on learning – not just on finances – with affordable Student Loan options.

Choose a Private Student Loan when college expenses exceed what you have through savings and federal loans. When you graduate, a Consolidation Student Loan can help lower your interest rate and give you a single, convenient monthly payment.

You’ll save with…

  • No processing fees
  • No origination fees
  • No prepayment penalties
  • Competitive variable rates*
  • A rate discount when you set up auto payments
  • Up to 12 years to repay your loan

To apply, you’ll need…

  • At least two years of credit history
  • Sufficient income to make your payments
  • A credit score that fits our guidelines

Depending on your credit history, you may need a co-signer.

You must be…

Private Student Loan

  • In school at least half-time at an accredited
    college or university
  • Over 18**
  • A U.S. citizen

 Consolidation Student Loan

  • A college graduate
  • Over 18**
  • A U.S. citizen

Your student loan rate is based on your credit score, so applying with a cosigner may mean a lower rate.

Apply Now

Applying is easy…

CEFCU members apply online for a Consolidation Student Loan or a Private Student Loan. Not a member? Join now.


Private Student Loans

  • Can I make pre-payments?

    Yes, and they can be helpful to you in the long run to lower future payments, as well as the total interest cost for your loan.

More Private Student Loan FAQs

Consolidation Student Loans

  • Am I eligible to apply for the Consolidation Student Loan?

    In addition to being a CEFCU member, you must meet credit requirement qualifications applicable at the time the loan is reviewed. In addition, you must be a U.S. citizen/national or eligible non-citizen.

    If you are a foreign student, you must have a co-signer who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a mailing address in the United States and a valid Social Security number.

  • What documentation will I need to provide?

    You will need to provide a current statement for each of the loans you wish to consolidate. We also may request a copy of documents, such as driver's license or a current paystub. Refer to the Missing Documents tab to see what documents are needed.

More Consolidation Student Loan FAQs

*Subject to change quarterly.

**Or have attained the age of majority in the state where you reside.

†If you’re not a citizen yourself, you’ll need a co-signer who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a mailing address in the United States and a valid Social Security number.

††Times may vary and depend on the school and the borrower/co-signer providing complete information.