If you are using a screen reader or other auxiliary aid and are having problems using this website, please contact us at 1.800.633.7077.
Who Can Join
Who Can Join
There’s a number of ways to join CEFCU! In order to qualify, just meet the following criteria:
- A U.S. Citizen, or resident alien, who is at least 18 years of ageFootnote 1, and meets ONE of the following qualifications:
Lives or works in one of these Illinois counties: Bond, Champaign, Christian, Clinton, DeWitt, Douglas, Ford, Fulton, Iroquois, Jersey, Knox, Livingston, Logan, Macon, Macoupin, Madison, Marshall, Mason, McLean, Monroe, Montgomery, Peoria, Piatt, Putnam, Randolph, Saint Clair, Sangamon, Stark, Tazewell, Vermilion, Washington, or Woodford.
Lives, works, or regularly worships in one of these California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, or Santa Clara.
An employee or retiree of Caterpillar Inc., Caterpillar subsidiaries, or Caterpillar Dealerships.
An employee or retiree of a CEFCU partner company.
An immediate family member of someone who is eligible to join CEFCU.Footnote 2
A member of a household that includes someone who is eligible to join CEFCU.Footnote 3
The spouse of a member who has passed away.Footnote 4
A CEFCU employee or retiree.
Why do I have to qualify to join?
As a Credit Union, CEFCU is required by law to have a defined field of membership — the requirements listed above. Once you join CEFCU, you can remain a member for life, even if you no longer meet one of the eligibility requirements.
Ready to start enjoying better?
Open your account online today! You'll just need a few items to get started:
- A valid government-issued photo I.D., such as a Driver’s License or State-Issued I.D.
- Your current home address.
- Your Social Security number. If you do not have a Social Security number, contact us.
- A routing and account number to fund the account.
2. Immediate family members include relatives by blood or marriage or foster and adopted children of members.
3. A household is defined as people living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
4. Surviving spouse must establish membership within six months of the member’s death.