You are eligible to become a CEFCU member
if you meet any of these qualifications:
- Anyone who lives or works in Fulton, Knox, Livingston, Logan, McLean, Macon, Marshall, Mason, Peoria, Putnam, Sangamon, Stark, Tazewell, or Woodford counties in Illinois.
- Anyone who lives, works, or worships in Alameda, Contra Costa, or Santa Clara counties in California.
- Employees or retirees of Caterpillar Inc., Caterpillar subsidiaries, or Caterpillar dealerships.
- Employees or retirees of CEFCU's partner companies.
- Immediate family member of someone who is eligible to join the Credit Union.*
- A member of a household that includes someone who is eligible to join the Credit Union.**
- Spouse of a member who has passed away†
- Employees or retirees of CEFCU.
It's easy to join CEFCU. All you need is a minimum $5 Savings account balance, which is a $5 share in the Credit Union, and a $1, one-time membership fee.
*Immediate family members include relatives by blood or marriage or foster and adopted children of credit union members.
**A household is defined as people living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
†If the surviving spouse establishes membership within six months of the member's death.