Deposit checks directly into your primary Checking account using a supported Smartphone or Tablet and the CEFCU Mobile Banking app.
From within the app, photograph the front and back of your endorsed check, enter the amount of the deposit, review the transaction, and click Submit.
There is no fee to use either the app or Mobile Check Deposit, but message and data rates may apply.
- What is Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit allows users 18 years or older to deposit checks directly into their primary Checking account using a smartphone or tablet that’s supported by the CEFCU Mobile Banking app. From the Menu, select Transactions > Mobile Check Deposit, agree to the terms and conditions, photograph the front and back of your check, review your deposit details, and you’re done!
- Are there fees to use Mobile Check Deposit?
There is no fee from CEFCU to install the Mobile Banking app or to use Mobile Check Deposit. However, message and data rates may apply.
- Are there limits to how much I can deposit using Mobile Check Deposit?
Yes, you’ll have a personal limit for the total dollar amount you can deposit. Deposits that exceed your limit may be rejected. Limits may vary. Contact CEFCU for more information.
- When will my funds be available after making a deposit with Mobile Check Deposit?
If you make a deposit by 4 p.m. (CT) Monday through Friday, it will be credited the same day. If you make a deposit after 4 p.m. (CT) Monday through Thursday, it will be credited the following day. Deposits made after 4 p.m. (CT) Friday will post the following business day. Mobile Check Deposits are not credited on weekends or Federal Holidays.
- What kinds of checks can I deposit using Mobile Check Deposit?
Please contact us at 1.800.633.7077, ext. 37030 for acceptable check types, or you can refer to the electronic agreement for more details.
- How do I get the best image of the check using Mobile Check Deposit?
- Endorse your check before you photograph it.
- Flatten your check and place it on a dark, non-reflective surface. Make sure there is enough light to distinguish the check from the background.
- Line up the check with the left top corner guide provided and click the camera icon to take a picture. Remember to take a picture of the front and back of the check.
- The image will be displayed for you to review. If it is not readable, click ‘Retake’ to re-photograph the check image. If you can read the details of the check, click ‘Use’ to keep the image.
Note: If you do not endorse the back of your check, you may not receive credit for your deposit.
Note: If CEFCU’s system cannot correctly interpret the writing on your check or if the item cannot process via your mobile device, you can deposit your check at any CEFCU Member Center or ATM location.
- Who do I call if I have questions about Mobile Check Deposit?
Please call us at 1.800.633.7077, ext. 37030.
In order to qualify for Mobile Check Deposit, you must be 18 years or older, have a Checking account, and your account must be in good standing.