Deposit checks directly into your primary Checking account using a supported Smartphone or Tablet and the CEFCU Mobile Banking app.
From within the app, photograph the front and back of your endorsed check, enter the amount of the deposit, review the transaction, and click Submit.
There is no fee to use either the app or Mobile Check Deposit, but message and data rates may apply.
- What kinds of checks can I deposit with CEFCU Mobile Check Deposit?
Contact Mobile Banking Support at 1.800.542.3328, ext. 37030 for deposit limits.
- When will my funds be available after making a deposit with CEFCU Mobile Check Deposit?
We credit funds deposited through Mobile Check Deposit Monday to Friday evenings. If you make a deposit by 4 p.m. (CT) Monday to Friday, it will be credited the same evening; however, if you make a deposit after 4 p.m. Monday to Thursday, it will be credited the following evening instead. Deposits made after 4 p.m. Friday will post the following Monday. We don’t credit Mobile Check Deposits on weekends or Federal Holidays.
- Are there limits to how much I can deposit with CEFCU Mobile Check Deposit?
Yes, you’ll have a personal limit for the total dollar amount you may deposit. Deposits that exceed these limits may be rejected.
- How do I get the best image of the check using CEFCU Mobile Check Deposit?
- Endorse your check before you photograph it. If you don’t, you may not receive credit for your deposit.
- Flatten your check and place it on a dark, non-reflective surface. Make sure there is enough light to distinguish the check from the background.
- Line up the check with the left top corner guide provided and click the camera icon to take a picture. Remember to take a picture of the front and the back of the check.
- The image will be displayed for you to review. If it is not readable, click ‘Retake’ and retake the picture of the check. If you can read the details of the check, click ‘Use’ to keep the image.
Note: If CEFCU’s system cannot correctly interpret the writing on your check, or the item cannot process via your mobile device, you can always attempt to deposit your check at any CEFCU Member Center or CEFCU ATM locations. Find an ATM.
- Who can I call if I have questions about CEFCU Mobile Check Deposit?
Please call 1.800.542.3328, ext. 37030.
In order to qualify for Mobile Check Deposit, you must be 18 years or older, have a Checking account, and your account must be in good standing.