Facing Financial Difficulties
Whether you are dealing with economic challenges find out how Your Credit Union can help with the When Times are Tough video or article. Visit the government's Help for Difficult Financial Times and use these tools and articles can help you deal with tough financial times.
Tools & Resources
- Audio: Are You Living Beyond Your Means?
- Blog: Turning Debt Mountain Into Debt Road
- Booklet: Surviving a Job Loss
- FAQs: The "What Ifs" for Struggling Taxpayers NEW
- FTC Facts: Credit Repair: How to Help Yourself
- Podcast: Rebuilding After a Financial Crisis
- Resources: Help for Difficult Financial Times
- Resources: Look for Jobs Online
- Video: Credit Counselors Can Help Balance the Bills
- Workbook: Delinquency Intervention: Saving Your Home From Foreclosure
- And Then There Was One: Surviving on a Single Income
- Check Impulse Spending
- Clean Up Your Credit Report
- Consumers: You Can Deal with Overdue Payments
- Emergency Savings Bleak? Starting to Save is Key NEW
- Get Linked to Power up Your Job Search
- How to PLAN for Financial Emergencies (PDF, 237 KB)
- Job Hunting in the Modern (Cyber) World
- Job Hunting Tactics for this Recession
- New Credit Scoring System Helps Consumers
- Revamp Your Resume
- Use Social Media to Find a Job
CEFCU members have access to in-depth phone-counseling sessions through the BALANCE Financial Fitness Program. CEFCU covers all fees associated with the BALANCE program, so just call 1.888.456.2227 and identify yourself as a CEFCU member.
If you are facing financial difficulties and concerned about making your mortgage payment:
- Contact CEFCU so we can work with you on a payment plan.
- Visit the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website for information on avoiding foreclosure.
- Complete the Saving Your Home From Foreclosure tutorial.
Be sure to contact CEFCU for help determining your options with economic challenges.