If you are using a screen reader or other auxiliary aid and are having problems using this website, please contact us at 1.800.633.7077.
Know the Car
Before you drive off in any vehicle, check out the history and see how it runs.
- Ask a trusted mechanic to check the car.
- Request the vehicle’s history: Was it a rental car? How many owners?
- Take a test drive.
- Make a list of any issues. Use a repair estimate to get a better deal.
- See if there is any warranty left.
- Negotiate with the seller for the best price.
If you are buying from an individual, you’ll have paperwork to complete. The Member Vehicle Loan Checklist can help.