Tidying up your electronic devices can help protect your personal information.
- Back up your data and password protect it.
- Update software to the latest version.
- Choose new user names and passwords. Check the link for tips on developing strong passwords.
- Check on stronger authentication tools.
- Remove apps and software you don’t use.
- Save photos on an external hard drive or the cloud, not on your device.
- Visit a sender's website to unsubscribe from emails you don’t need/want and trash those emails.
- Review files and purge what you don’t need.
- Empty trash, including your email trash, which can be found in your email app.
Make refreshing your electronic devices a part of your routine and help keep them — and you — secure.