Identity thieves use emails, texts, and bogus websites to phish for personal information — including your account numbers, passwords, and Social Security number.
To protect yourself, don’t:
- Reply to or follow links in an email you are not expecting. When in doubt, contact the sender directly.
- Share your login and password.
- Allow anyone access to your device unless you initiated the call.
- Send money or reveal personal information to someone who calls or emails you.
- Reveal too much, like your address, on social media.
- Assume an email is legitimate because you recognize a logo or company name.
CEFCU emails will never ask for confidential information; and they include a special key at the bottom, so you can contact us to verify an email you receive.
Search phishing on onguardonline.gov
Report suspected phishing at antiphishing.org