Identity thieves use emails, texts, and bogus websites to phish for personal information — including your account numbers, passwords, and Social Security number.
Protect yourself by avoiding:
- Replying to or following links in emails or text messages when you don’t know the sender.
- Even if you think you know the sender, better safe than sorry! Use confirmed contact information, outside of the email or text message, to confirm if the message is legitimate.
- Sharing your login and password with anyone.
- Allowing anyone access to your device unless you initiate a service call.
- Paying or revealing personal information to scammers who use urgency and threats.
- Revealing too much, like your address, on social media.
- Assuming an email is legitimate because it has a big-name logo.
CEFCU will NEVER call or text you and ask for specific account information, such as account numbers, Debit/Credit Card numbers, or Online and Mobile Banking credentials. We will also never send out a link to verify transactions or account information.
Remember to NEVER give out any personal information to numbers or people you don't know. If you're not certain whether a call or text from CEFCU is legit, hang up and call us at 1.800.633.7077 to verify the call or text was really from CEFCU.
If you received a suspicious call or text appearing to be from CEFCU and gave any personal information, please contact us immediately at 1.800.633.7077.
To find out more about phishing, visit onguardonline.gov or antiphishing.org