‘Tis the season for shopping in stores and online. Here are some tips to keep your personal and financial information safe:
- Look for the lock (a little lock icon on your browser) and web addresses that start with https:// when shopping online. The lock and an “s” indicate added layers of security and signal communication between the website and your Internet browser are encrypted.
- Safeguard your purchases by using a contactless card. Each transaction uses secure encryption technology, and has a one-time security code so your personal information isn’t shared.
- Avoid the inconvenience of declined transactions with Overdraft Protection.
- Review account statements and credit reports regularly online.
- Set up transaction/fraud alerts on debit and credit cards. Set and enroll in alerts and controls using CEFCU® On-Line® and Mobile Banking.
- Avoid allowing a website to remember account information and passwords. As convenient as it may be, it’s safer to enter these details with each transaction.
- Limit logging into key accounts, such as financial institutions, over public Wi-Fi connections in coffee shops, shopping malls, etc.
- Never click a link in an email or text from senders you don’t recognize. To a scammer, any response will confirm your email or cell number is in use, and invite more unwanted messages.
- Stay current with updates to your operating system, anti-virus software, and Internet browser. Outdated browsers and systems have known security holes that hackers can exploit.
For even more safe shopping tips, check out CEFCU Online Security and our Security Center. Enroll in CEFCU On-Line and Mobile Banking (if you’re not already) and/or learn more about the tools available to help you manage your accounts safely, accurately, and securely.