If you are using a screen reader or other auxiliary aid and are having problems using this website, please contact us at 1.800.633.7077.
Finalizing and Closing the Mortgage
- Will I need to have an attorney represent me at closing?
The closing takes place at the office of a title company or attorney in your area who will act as our agent. If you are purchasing a new home, the seller may be at the closing to transfer ownership to you; but in some states, these two events actually happen separately.
In some areas of the country it is very customary, and sometimes required by law, to have an attorney represent you at the closing; but in other areas, it’s your choice. If you’re attorney has any questions, please contact us.
- Who will be at the closing?
The closing agent acts as CEFCU's agent and will represent us at the closing. If you have any questions that cannot be answered during the closing, ask the closing agent to contact us by phone, and we'll get you the answers you need — before the closing is over!
- If I apply, where will the closing take place?
We use a nationwide network of closing agents and attorneys to conduct our loan closings. Your closing will take place in a location near your home for your convenience. We'll deliver your loan documents and loan funds to the closing agent or attorney before closing so they will have plenty of time to prepare for your closing.
- I won't be able to attend the closing. What other options are there?
If you won't be able to attend the loan closing, contact your Closing Coordinator to discuss other options. If someone you trust is able to attend on your behalf, you can execute a Power of Attorney so that person can sign documents on your behalf. We're sure to have a solution that will work in your circumstances.
- What should I bring to the closing?
You should bring the following documents:
- A copy of the termite inspection
- Proof of homeowner's insurance
- A copy of your most recent paycheck stub
- Acceptable photo identification (driver's license or state identification card acceptable)
- A certified check or Bank Wire to cover closing costs and any down payment funds due
- Bill Pay
- Business Remote Deposit
- Buying Your First Home
- CEFCU Money Center 24 ATM Enhancements
- Reorder Checks
- College Savings
- Consolidation Student Loans
- Construction Loans FAQs
- Contactless Cards FAQs
- CURewards Shop and Earn FAQs
- Finalizing and Closing the Mortgage
- Health Savings Account
- Mastercard® Rewards Program
- Mechanical Repair Coverage
- Mobile Banking App
- CEFCU On-Line and Mobile Banking
- Online Security
- Private Student Loans
- Refer a Friend