If you are using a screen reader or other auxiliary aid and are having problems using this website, please contact us at 1.800.633.7077.
Refer a Friend
- If I refer a Business account, does that qualify?
- The friend I referred opened a Savings and a Checking. Do I get a referral fee for each account?
There is up to $25 in referral fees for each new person who joins CEFCU and opens a Savings and a qualifying account (Checking, Personal Loan, Vehicle Loan, Youth Savings account, Credit Card). To receive more than one referral fee, you would need to refer more than one person to open a new Savings and qualifying account.
- I've referred several people to CEFCU over the years. What do I get?
Thank you for choosing CEFCU and for trusting us enough to recommend CEFCU to your family and friends. While CEFCU is currently piloting a formal referral program, member referrals over the years have always been a key contributor to CEFCU's financial success. That success has allowed CEFCU to return $330 million in year-end Extraordinary Dividends to all members since 2000.
- I forgot to bring my referral certificate to the account opening and didn't mail it within the allotted time, will the member who referred me still receive the referral fee?
The program rules require an Official Referral Certificate be submitted (personally, or by mail) within five days of account opening.
- I referred a friend a while ago. Where is my referral fee?
If your friend opened a qualifying account and submitted the Official Referral Certificate (PDF, 150 KB) within five days, you will receive your referral fee within four to six weeks. However, in order to protect every member's privacy, CEFCU cannot disclose information on individual members. And, there is a limit of one referral fee paid per new member. We encourage you to contact your friend directly for specifics.
- No one referred me. Can't I get the referral fee?
We are glad you chose CEFCU. While every account is intended to deliver a good value, there are special offers for you as a new member.
- If more than one member refers someone, how does CEFCU determine who gets the referral fee?
CEFCU will pay one referral fee per new member, based on the official referral form submitted by the new member.
- I told my neighbor about CEFCU's low car rates last week and he financed his car loan with you. Shouldn't I get something?
We'd be happy to consider that referral, if your friend is also a new CEFCU member. Please contact your friend and have them submit an Official Referral Certificate (PDF, 150 KB) within five days of account opening.
- If I have a Business account and I refer someone, do I qualify?
- I referred a member. When will I receive my money?
Referral fees will be deposited four to six weeks following the new member's account opening as long as a Official Referral Certificate (PDF, 150 KB) was submitted.
- If my account is not in good standing (overdrawn, delinquent, or closed), can I still receive the referral or are you going to apply it to what I owe?
In order to receive the referral fee, your account must be open and in good standing. If your account is closed, overdrawn, or delinquent as of the fulfillment date, you will not receive a referral fee, nor will it be applied to what you owe.
- I work in HR at a business that offers direct deposit at CEFCU, and I am a member. If I refer someone to CEFCU, am I eligible for the referral fee?
CEFCU does not differentiate eligibility for the referral fee based on the relationship between the new member and the referring member. As long as the new member completes an Official Referral Certificate, and all of the accounts qualify at the time of fulfillment, anyone may receive the referral fee with the exception of CEFCU employees and their families as described on the Referral Certificate.
- Can an existing joint member open a primary account to qualify?
Yes, any new primary member who opens a qualifying account can submit an Official Referral Certificate (PDF, 150 KB), and a referral fee will be paid to the referring member.
- How do I qualify for CEFCU membership?
You are eligible to become a CEFCU member if you meet any of the specified qualifications.
- Is there a limit to the number of referral fees I can receive?
There is a limit of three referral fees, or $75, whichever is greater per year.
- Bill Pay
- Business Remote Deposit
- Buying Your First Home
- CEFCU On-Line® and Mobile Banking
- College Savings
- Consolidation Student Loans
- Construction Loans
- Contactless Cards
- CURewards Shop and Earn
- Finalizing and Closing the Mortgage
- Health Savings Account
- Hybrid HELOC
- Mastercard® Rewards Program
- Mechanical Repair Coverage
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Online Security
- Private Student Loans
- Refer a Friend
- Reorder Checks