With a CEFCU Credit Mastercard® you can take advantage of our special 1.99% intro APR1,2 for 12 months on Purchases and Balance Transfers3,4.
By transferring high-interest credit cards or personal loans from other lenders to a CEFCU Credit Mastercard® you can:
- Consolidate high-interest debt and save money with a lower rate.
- Pay off your balance quicker and pay less in finance charges.
- Combine multiple payments into one easy payment.
- Avoid balance transfer fees.
When considering a Balance Transfer elsewhere
- Read the fine print and look out for hidden or annual fees.
- Avoid adding new purchases.
- Find out how payments are allocated to avoid an unexpected rise in payments.
- Avoid applying for another card when the introductory rate ends.
Here are the Details…
- Apply for the CEFCU Credit Mastercard that best fits your needs, then fill out a balance transfer request.
- Cash Back Credit Mastercard — earn 1.5% cash back on every qualifying purchase5.
- Credit Mastercard — enjoy all the benefits of a CEFCU Mastercard, including Zero Liability6 and ID Theft Protection, and a low APR.
- Rewards Credit Mastercard — earn points as you spend and redeem them for gift cards, airline tickets, or merchandise.7
Already have a CEFCU Credit Mastercard?
You can also enjoy 1.99% APR on Balance Transfers! Just complete a Balance Transfer Request and mail it or bring it in to your nearest Member Center by March 31, 2023!2,4
See how much you’ll likely save with the Balance Transfer Calculator*.
*Example is for illustration only, based on rate comparisons as of 12/22. CEFCU Introductory APR offer available for new accounts opened through 12/31/2023.
Balance Transfer FAQ
How can I get approved for a balance transfer?
- First, have an active CEFCU Credit Card account in good standing.
- Then, make sure you have enough available credit on the card to accommodate the balance you want to transfer.
Am I paying off my loan(s)?
- Yes, when you transfer the balance from your current lender(s) to CEFCU, you will pay off one loan for a new one, so remember, you will still need to make payments on the new card.
Will my credit score be impacted?
- Opening a new credit card could cause your credit score to go down slightly. However, if you are getting a better rate and can pay off your balances faster, you will likely see a positive impact on your score.
- Intro APR of 1.99% on Purchases and Balance Transfers. After the introductory period ends, a variable APR of 12.25% to 21.75% (Non-Rewards), 14.25% to 23.75% (Cash Back) or 13.25% to 22.75% (Rewards and World) on Purchases and Balance Transfers will apply, depending on your creditworthiness and a variable APR of 15.25% to 24.75% (Non-Rewards), 17.25% to 26.75% (Cash Back) or 16.25% to 25.75% (Rewards and World) on Cash Advances will apply, depending on your creditworthiness. These APRs were in effect as of 1/1/23, and are subject to change quarterly with the national “Prime” rate. Contact CEFCU for full details.
- If there is a balance on your account and you haven’t paid it in full by the due date each month (including any introductory balance transfers posted to your account), you will lose your grace period on new purchases and interest will be charged on new purchases. We may end your introductory APRs and apply the Penalty APR if you make a late payment.
- You must be a CEFCU member in good standing. Intro APR will apply on Purchases for 12 months from the date the account opened. Intro APR will apply on Balance Transfers for 12 months from the date of the Balance Transfer, for Transfers completed during the first 90 days after the account opened.
- Each Balance Transfer posted during the introductory period will retain the introductory APR for 12 months from the posting date. The total amount of Balance Transfers and the outstanding balance on your account, including fees and interest charges, cannot exceed your available credit limit. See the Disclosures and Terms & Conditions, which will be or have been provided at the time of application, for more details.
- A CEFCU Cash Back Credit Mastercard earns 1.5% cash back rewards for each $1 spent on “eligible” “net purchase transactions” made with the card, rounded up or down to the nearest one cent. “Eligible” purchase transactions do not include cash advances, cash equivalent transactions (such as the purchase of gift cards or cryptocurrency), convenience checks, balance transfers, gambling, insurance charges, or fees of any kind, including finance charges, foreign transaction currency conversion charges, late fees, over limit fees, returned check fees, ACH, Tele-Entry or Autopay fees and ATM cash advance fees, and are excluded from earning cash back. Cash back rewards are not transferable to another rewards program and must be used before the CEFCU Cash Back Credit Mastercard is closed. “Net purchase transactions” means the sum of your eligible purchase transactions minus returns and refunds. The amount of cash back earned on an eligible net purchase transaction is calculated by multiplying the amount of that transaction by 1.5%.
- Zero Liability: Pay only for purchases which you have authorized on your Credit Mastercard. Unauthorized purchases are not your responsibility. Conditions and exceptions apply. Get Details.
- Select transactions — such as cash advances, balance transfers, and insurance changes posted to the account — are excluded from earning points. Points cannot be transferred from one CEFCU Credit Card program to another CEFCU Credit Card program or account and must be used before the Rewards Card is closed. Points can exist on an account for up to five calendar years and will start to expire at the end of the fifth calendar year. Rewards points earned on CEFCU Rewards or World Credit Cards are administered by CURewards (the Program) on behalf of CEFCU and are NOT: a deposit; obligations of CEFCU, the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), or any affiliated entity; insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. Accounts must be open and in good standing (not canceled or terminated by either party, not delinquent, over limit, or otherwise not available to use for charges) at time of redemption. Rewards are not available when a cardholder is in default under the card agreement. View more program details in the CEFCU Mastercard Rewards Guide or CEFCU World Mastercard Guide.